There are 3 questions managers or team leads should always ask their team members:
1. What’s the 1 thing you did this month that you’re really proud of?
We often forget to take time to pat ourselves on the back for a job well done, but by asking your team member this question once a month, you’ll help build that sense of pride. We don’t celebrate the small wins. We always tend to focus on the negatives, it’s how we are wired L
Your team needs to feel like they’re making progress, that helps them stay engaged.
This question is good for two reasons:
- Team get to show off their work
- You get to see what individuals consider important
2. How can I be a better leader/manager?
If you’re a good leader, then you’re constantly looking to grow and improve. It’s especially important with this question to remind employees that they can feel free to say whatever they want.
As a manager, be willing to accept whatever feedback comes from your team members.
3. What is the challenge for you right now? And what options do “we” have?
Everyone faces challenges at work. Managers need to act like coaches and be there to guide their team through whatever they’re going through.
Consistently asking this question will help employees grow and become better at what they do.
Let me know how it goes?