Tag Archives: Youtube
This week my favourite post is by Mitch Joel:
Mitch was named Canada’s Most Influential Male in Social Media, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly prestigious Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 (recognizing individuals who have achieved a significant amount of success but have not yet reached the age of 40). In 2010, Marketing Magazine named Twist Image one of the Top 10 agencies in Canada (and the only digital marketing pure-play to make the list).
SOCIAL MEDIA IS A BIG WASTE OF TIME!
“Social media is no different. In fact, it’s not even social media as entirety. We’ve seen instances where Facebook has been accused of wasting millions of dollars on being a time suck. The same has happened with YouTube and Twitter (more on that here: Gigaom – News Flash: Your Employees are Wasting Time on the Internet). We’re always quick to blame the technology and not the people. I always argue that those who are not wasting their time on YouTube (because a company has blocked it) have probably figured out something else to do to waste their time (hint: they’re not happy and energized to be doing their jobs … it’s not YouTube).”
Social media is only a waste of time if you’re using it to waste your time.
“It’s not because it’s a slight against online social networks that I’m upset (or because I base part of my business livelihood on the success of social media as a marketing channel), but we have to meet the people who lump “reading” and their “jobs” as their “biggest waste of time.” Wasting your time should probably be defined as an activity that requires nothing proactive, while utilizing minimal effort and with even less of a valued outcome in terms of overall life benefit. But, if you look at social media like that, you’re missing the point entirely.”
“Social Media causing such a huge societal change that we can’t even begin to imagine the implications, so we have decide to ignore it or pass it off as a time waster, or is the reality something much bigger that we – as the business leaders of today – must begin to grasp and embrace?”
Please NoteThe views expressed on this Website/WebBlog are mine alone and does not reflect the views of my Employer, PBT Group
- RT @DavidRoads: I'm gonna make the REST of my LIFE, the BEST of my LIFE. 1 hour ago
- RT @jorgensundberg: See the images making Britain stop and think bit.ly/1IO4sVK http://t.co/EjkaMqCj7v 2 hours ago
- Elon Musk thinks you ought to read these 9 great books. @Sales_Source bit.ly/1CaMpfv 2 hours ago
- RT @MrPigeonPie: "If you are motivated enough to start a company, you better be motivated enough to work hard to keep it going." ~ Elon Musk 3 hours ago
- RT @ValaAfshar: Time to reach 100 million users: Telephone: 75 years Web: 7 years Facebook: 4 years Instagram: 2 years http://t.co/DzlLa5… 3 hours ago
- 2010 2012 Ads Allah Business Card Business Intelligence Cape Town Career Charity Chris Brogan Cool Business Cards Corporate CV Delivering Happiness Donate your Birthday Education Employees Entrepreneur Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Facebook Facts Facts about Facebook Fail Failure Future of CVs GazaUnderAttack Google Graduate Training Programme 2015 HealthCare Infographic Innovation innovative Internet Interview Interview Tips Islam Jayz Internet Solutions Jihad on Terrorism Job Jobs Lessons Marketing Mobile Phone Mobile Technology Muslims Open Medicine Project Parents PBT Group Procliviti Quran Ramadan Ramadan 2010 Ramadan Checklist resume Rich Salam Business Club Seth Godin Social Media Social Network South Africa Startup Stats Tablets Ted Tedx Terrorism Tips Tony Hsieh Twitter Video Video CV Vuvuzela World Cup 2010 Youtube Zappos
Khalil Aleker on Archery Classes in Cape T… Shehaam Parker on Archery Classes in Cape T… Khalil Aleker on Science Of Persuasion Yacoob on Science Of Persuasion Khalil Aleker on Thank you Mom and Dad Khalil Aleker on Thank you Mom and Dad
I'm on InstaGram