Rock Your Business is an interactive, fun, extreme event where you will get the knowledge you need to fast track your results.
An international business conference called Rock Your Business will be coming to Capetown in March. Held in 5 global locations in 2011 the aim of the conference is to find a South African entrepreneur and business that has global appeal and assist that business to attain its dreams of becoming international.
Run by global transformational organisation –Rock Your Life – the conference will aim to find stand out entrepreneurs from South Africa over a three day period that will be a combination of Harvard style education and American Idol competition. Rock Your Life Chairman Mike Handcock will be present to run the event supported by a team of international consultants and entrepreneurs.
Participants can expect to be challenged and will need to create attraction for their ideas amongst a pool of participants keen to show off their business acumen and ideas. “It’s a fascinating process” Handcock states “Some businesspeople give up on their ideas and team up because they see brilliance in others. Others who are obscure to start with end up shining.”
“Rock Your Business is a hands on full immersion experience. You will love it but at times it will be challenging. We allow you to experience all that you will in the real world of business in just a few short days.” say Handcock
Rock Your Business in Cape Town, 18 – 20 March 2011
Action Takers – 2500R + Booking Fee – First 15 Participants only
Book here now!
HackFwd is a European tech investment firm, and they posted this flowchart on their front page to help startup companies see what it’s like to work with them.
Yesterday I was interviewed by Lauren Abendschein, Researcher & Lecturer for the Oberlin College in US: Manager of the Creativity, Leadership & Entrepreneurship Program.
It was interesting indeed & really great to see her passion & love for Entrepreneurship in her eyes. Next week she’ll be in Durban and then fly off to India and Brazil lastly.
Lauren to sum up my point yesterday with my little experience:
“Entrepreneurship is throwing yourself off a cliff, and building a plane on the way down” – Reid Hoffman
- Mindset – A few “Visionary” Entrepreneurs I know think of money or finance first then their idea & execution of it. Wrong! Think about your idea, strategize, plan, ponder, reflect, semi-implement it with any finance you can get then think of money. Let us change our mindsets!
- Culture – We have a culture of going to school, then college, then find job, get married, have babies and live happily ever after. No! “find a job” is wrong, let’s think of becoming the Employer first, rather than being the Employee by default.
- Mentorship – Instead of funding us, grant us Free Mentorship Programs, Free Office Space, Free IT Infrastructure or Discount on it at least… Free couple of months of Internet… :)
- Lastly, Funding – Yes, Yes…funding we do need. But teach us how to pitch to Investors, how many of our company shares to distribute?
Thanks for the chat!
Some cool very recent posts:
- StartUp Cost Projections for First Time Entrepreneurs
- Patience & Hard Work, key to success
- Enablis competition for entrepreneurs in South Africa